When it comes to face care or your skin care routine, it is always a healthy idea to include chemical free lip care that moisturizes and softens your lips with incredible benefits:)
Starting with lip balms is a sensible choice that can be shared with all the family members – as long as we have our separate lip balms of course, but sharing healthy knowledge of healthy lip balms is good to share!
What’s important is to use natural and positive lip balms that are safe, effective and clean and what this means is that your skin will benefit as well as your body-
Did you know that we consume our lip products as long as we wear them on our lips.
On average, we do actually eat around 8 pounds of lip care in a lifetime but this is up for debate as figures vary and depends on the individual on how much that they wear lip products on their lips. Let’s discuss the importance of lip balms in this case.
We don’t place significant importance of the products that we tend to use in particular on our lips. We like to slap some lip softeners on to moisten, prevent our lips from getting chapped or drying out, we may even put on to stop licking our lips as it may feel cold or dry as the day moves on.
Sometimes when you try different lip care for various reasons – the lip care that we suddenly try out may give unsatisfactory effects or not to our expectations and it may feel like a wasted effort.
There are some things that may come into consideration here such as the individuals needs or perhaps skin type, but one thing that contributes to your health, skin and appearance in the long-run is definitely the ingredients that you allow to be applied onto your lips.
It absorbs through your skin and into your blood and simply doesn’t just disappear somewhere else, it is your body that deals with it!
When we consume ingredients that are not skin-friendly and if it is smeared all over our lips, the effects can vary but can allow for negative effects such as:-
- Blocks skin’s barriers – Petroleum is something that provides fuel in vehicles so its quite off-putting when you see this ingredient creep up in your lip balm. Petroleum is normally refined for beauty products, however that creates air pollution, harming the environment and suffocating the skin’s barrier.
- Fragrances – People with skin allergies tends to steer clear of these ingredients as it can cause rashes, allergic reactions or flare-ups that can take a long while to clear up! Fragrance normally mean a bunch of chemicals within the product and if used daily can even cause an introduction to skin conditions such as Eczema or Dermatitis.
- Dries out lips – Certain ingredients may result in the opposite effect, especially with alcohol or benzoyl peroxide are simply too harsh on the skin that it can cause redness or cracking that can spread towards the face.
Be empowered and it is up to each one of us to gain the knowledge of what we are putting into our bodies, whether its food or makeup, be sure to take some time to read through the labeling of your products and perhaps do a search of particular ingredients that you want to know more of.
Healthy Ingredients to Choose
It is safe to say that natural and wholesome ingredients, whether in food or beauty care is always the best ones to choose and purchase for you and your family.
A balance is a good way to traverse down if finances is something that is considered but choosing mostly natural ingredients can help your body significantly –
- Candelilla Wax or Carnauba – A rich binding agent that hydrates and provides a smoother application to keep the lip balm form and stable, while being plant based and derived from leaves.
- Shea butter or Cocoa butter – Great for skin, especially problematic skin that seals in moisture and depending on the quality of it is anti-ageing, providing for youthful skin.
- Essential Oils – Anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and caring properties as well as therapeutic effects and smells divine are just some benefits of these natural oils.
- Aloe Vera – There are many benefits with this natural and safe substance such as boost healing wounds and may lighten blemishes, dull patches o the skin.
The FDA doesn’t regulate the cosmetics industry that much, so it’s up to each and every one of us to know what’s in our beauty products and to choose carefully and do our own homework.
Top Picks of Natural Lipbalms
Funky Soap are incredible in providing all natural care for hair, face and body! They provide sweet smelling and friendly lip balms that are seriously good enough to eat:)
They are passionate in providing skin loving products that are perfect for use even on the most sensitive skin type and have lip balms available such as:-
Chamomile & Cocoa Butter Vegan Lip Balm in a biodegradable cardboard tube, 15g and ingredients include:
EUPHORBIA ANTISYPHILITICA WAX (CANDELILLA), MANGIFERA BUTTER (MANGO), THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA BUTTER), PERSEA AMERICANA OIL (AVOCADO), PRUNUS ARMENIACA OIL (APROCOT KERNAL), MATRICARIA CHAMOMILLA OIL, (CHAMOMILE) LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, LINALOOL (as part of the essential Oil)
Aloe Vera & Rosemary Lip balm, 100% handmade and Natural, 59 and ingredients include:
Bees Wax, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Avocado Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, Rosemary Essential Oil
Click here to check out natural lipbalms for natural moisture!
As The Owner Of This Website, I’ve Tracked Down Special Deals For Some Of The Products And Services Mentioned Herein. When You Use The Links On This Page To Make A Purchase I May Get A Small Commission And You May Get A Great Bargain. It’s A Win-Win All Round! Disclosure.
Plant Therapy provides beautiful and soft lip balms, sets, flavors, balms that protects and soothes your lips while providing fun and happy colors throughout their whole packaging range that looks gorgeous for gifts and presents to all.
Butterscotch Candy Natural lip balm has a strong yet sweet butterscotch natural smell that can actually heal chapped lips, while protecting against the elements of the environment.
——>>>> Please click on the image for your search through healthy lipbalms!
Ingredients include safe and gentle for your skin such as:
Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Polyglycerol-3 Beeswax, Natural Flavor, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf Extract
When comparing the ingredients of friendly ingredients compared to commercial ones’ that you may have at home – you can certainly spot the difference between them and with that knowledge, you can read straightaway what are gentle ingredients and the best ones to choose if you feel is right for skin.
Take Away Message
We all strive towards better living and by using wholesome and natural care in most instances, whenever possible can subsequently provide great results and achieve better health and perhaps happiness to your quality of life!
Don’t always put up with second best or convenience all the time, especially with beauty care that lasts quite a long while and may be in your possessions for month and months, right?
Thank you for reading and if you do have any questions or comments, please leave below and I’ll be sure to help you out!